Best preventive measure to avoid performance related issues in health check.

Certified Senior Developer

we use AQUAMAN and Peer review for our Appian packages before moving to production environment. how can we check components in package zip file for their performance related issues which are reported after they are deployed to Production? is there any way to add these rules in AQUAMAN? or any other plug in which can be used to PREVENT these issues in future releases?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Aquaman is just for testing code quality in design , not in runtime.

I would suggest to create test cases for all objects in your appian application (even for integrations), and just after deploy the package, execute a post deployment process generating a report with the results.

• Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to David J (NTT DATA)

Hi  , I have checked the post deployment process, there are two concerns:

1. it is not preventive measure, it will execute after deployment in PROD.

2. it run the test cases, but how it will tell me the performance of rules it executed, it just tell me pass or fail about that test case.

• Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Swati Sharda

Hi again.

• As you said, this is not preventive, unless you use the smart servvice Database load Generation in a non productive env, with the estimated amount of data you will have in production.  For concurrency you can use JMeter or appian Locust.
    • When you execute test process, it will return an id. This is the id of the test executed. and with the function a!testRunResultForId you will recover the information about each one of the rule test executed, including the execution time, ellapsedTime.....

• Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Swati Sharda

Hi again.

• As you said, this is not preventive, unless you use the smart servvice Database load Generation in a non productive env, with the estimated amount of data you will have in production.  For concurrency you can use JMeter or appian Locust.
    • When you execute test process, it will return an id. This is the id of the test executed. and with the function a!testRunResultForId you will recover the information about each one of the rule test executed, including the execution time, ellapsedTime.....

Children