How to deal with the challenge of assigned people being away from work?

Hi, we are a new Appian customer - a mid-sized university of around 4,000 staff. I was wondering how do other people go about the challenge of assigned people being away from work (either planned or unplanned leave).
I'm aware of the functionality around groups - and assigning tasks to these - but what about scenarios where workgroups are not appropriate (i.e. someone's supervisor).
What approaches do people take?...

OriginalPostID-123377

OriginalPostID-123377

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • For one of my clients I created a small process that shows them a list of people and when selected a list of tasks they have assigned. Now a task is selected and reassigned to the person executing this process. This way people are very flexible in doing tasks for others. BUT: You have to find a way of how to determine who is allowed to do that and which people's tasks to show.

You can also work with escalations and reassignment on task level.

For my client (and me) the most challenging was to find out what the organization wants and needs. We decided to allow supervisors see and reassign any task of their employees.
  • For one of my clients I created a small process that shows them a list of people and when selected a list of tasks they have assigned. Now a task is selected and reassigned to the person executing this process. This way people are very flexible in doing tasks for others. BUT: You have to find a way of how to determine who is allowed to do that and which people's tasks to show.

You can also work with escalations and reassignment on task level.

For my client (and me) the most challenging was to find out what the organization wants and needs. We decided to allow supervisors see and reassign any task of their employees.
Children
No Data