We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

How does too many nodes in a process model increase memory footprint?

Certified Associate Developer
How does too many nodes in a process model increase memory footprint?
Too many nodes in a process mode reduce readability and maintainability. However, not sure how it impacts(increase) memory footprint.
Please provide your thoughts..

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Associate Developer

Thanks for your inputs.

Yes, the number of process variables and the data size will impact the memory.

While doing sequential processing, the new thread will be span for each node one by one i.e. once the execution of one node is completed, create a thread for another node. Hence, the number of nodes should not have a major impact on memory.

As mentioned by   and , a greater number of nodes will increase process history and other logistic data(log, etc.). However, I feel that it should not have much impact on memory since this data should not take much memory/space.

• Certified Associate Developer

Thanks for your inputs.

Yes, the number of process variables and the data size will impact the memory.

While doing sequential processing, the new thread will be span for each node one by one i.e. once the execution of one node is completed, create a thread for another node. Hence, the number of nodes should not have a major impact on memory.

As mentioned by   and , a greater number of nodes will increase process history and other logistic data(log, etc.). However, I feel that it should not have much impact on memory since this data should not take much memory/space.

Children
No Data