Time conversion issue

We have a field added to Oracle table as a Date type. When I select this field using the Query Database it displays the field 1 day less than how it is stored in database. For example; on the table it is "11-NOV-00", when I select it displays in variable as "11/10/2000 7:00PM", which is 1 day less. Also the date inserted into the table is correct, but when retrieve it is wrong. Does anyone know how this is happening? Also, the data type of the field is "Date Time" in the smart service properties output data tab. You can't change this... it gets that type from the database. Thanks!...

OriginalPostID-133097

OriginalPostID-133097

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer
    Scott, a query rule is fairly easy to configure if you don't need to do any fancy logic (i.e. mainly simple filters that are all AND applied), and have a CDT you want to store the output in (which you already have). Query entities are more flexible, you can do tons of logic, and select only certain columns, and don't need a pre-defined CDT for the output, but they involve writing SAIL code which makes them require a bit more of a development skillset. I would definitely recommend using one or both of those over using the Query RDBMs node, and using Write to Datastore Entity in order to insert and update data in the database.
    Certified Senior Developer
    Scott, a query rule is fairly easy to configure if you don't need to do any fancy logic (i.e. mainly simple filters that are all AND applied), and have a CDT you want to store the output in (which you already have). Query entities are more flexible, you can do tons of logic, and select only certain columns, and don't need a pre-defined CDT for the output, but they involve writing SAIL code which makes them require a bit more of a development skillset. I would definitely recommend using one or both of those over using the Query RDBMs node, and using Write to Datastore Entity in order to insert and update data in the database.
Children
No Data