How to receive information from users unable to access Appian?

Hi,

What is the best way to receive information from users that are unable to access Appian? e.g. users that are external to the organisation? ...

OriginalPostID-59416

OriginalPostID-59416

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • By receiving information from users who are not part of Appian, you lose lot of valuable SLA and KPI based information. It is worth identifying if any of these requirements affect your design. I'd recommend keeping the solution totally out of the box and avoid custom code etc.,
    In order to invoke a process as web service, you need to provide a valid user credential as part of the service call.
    The other option is to write the data to a database and use query rule (or other means) to poll the data. within the process. But I'd advice caution against 'polling' database as this may not be an efficient design.
  • By receiving information from users who are not part of Appian, you lose lot of valuable SLA and KPI based information. It is worth identifying if any of these requirements affect your design. I'd recommend keeping the solution totally out of the box and avoid custom code etc.,
    In order to invoke a process as web service, you need to provide a valid user credential as part of the service call.
    The other option is to write the data to a database and use query rule (or other means) to poll the data. within the process. But I'd advice caution against 'polling' database as this may not be an efficient design.
Children
No Data