New Appian process Modeler didn't look good to monitor , identify or investigate

Hi,
Just upgraded our Appian environment in 17.1 version. I observed few good things but few bad things also wanted to share on forum. Honestly saying, didn’t like the way now process model appears for designer. It looks like a black &white (though light color is given to nodes). Previous versions with colorful nodes was easy to debug/identify/investigate and create a ‘Process Model’ but now it’s a pain point for the designer. It may be for making a lightweight process but not a good look & feel.
Hopefully, Appian will notice and work on for betterment of product as per feedbacks provided by developer/users. Thanks.
--
Amit

OriginalPostID-267467

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I would like to chip in - I started using Chrome to do most of my process modelling months ago, and at first it was a very large shock getting used to the new look. Now after having used it for several months it's not nearly as large of an issue as you'd think. That being said, though, I too would be in favor of just a *bit* more color-coding being added back in.

At least they fixed the issue where you couldn't distinguish between synchronous and asynchronous subprocesses via the node icon - in 16.2 they used the exact same image which was confusing.
    Certified Lead Developer
    I would like to chip in - I started using Chrome to do most of my process modelling months ago, and at first it was a very large shock getting used to the new look. Now after having used it for several months it's not nearly as large of an issue as you'd think. That being said, though, I too would be in favor of just a *bit* more color-coding being added back in.

At least they fixed the issue where you couldn't distinguish between synchronous and asynchronous subprocesses via the node icon - in 16.2 they used the exact same image which was confusing.
Children
No Data