Embedded Interface- Records

A Score Level 2
Hi,
We are embedding Appian records in HTML5 and using event handlers to notify HTML page upon completion of an action/related action.
However, we have a scenario where we need to trigger similar event while clicking a button on record dashboard.
I understand that a HTML page can itself navigate away from record view however, we already have this button on the dashboard which is used while users are accessing it in mobile app.
Appreciate any pointers or way around..
Thanks!

OriginalPostID-270560

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • As far as I know, to embed a record dashboard on HTML5 page, we use custom tags. Appian then generates the UI for it when the page is rendered..So your web page can be a mix of HTML5 content(UI widgets like div, input etc) and the UI widgets generated by SAIL (embedded).. Appian generates the DOM for the embedded record dashboard. So, it should be possible to attach events even to the DOM generated by Appians embedded SAIL.

Now, open the chrome Dev console and inspect the button which is there in the record dashboard. That button should have attributes like class, id etc. You could make use of those and write event handlers in JS for them. But, I see a problem - do those attributes change everytime the embedded form is rendered? Does the ID or class of that button change everytime? If yes, then it will be tricky. If no, then you can easily write a event handler for it, and attach the event handler after the page loads(you could put the JS script after the custom tag used).
  • As far as I know, to embed a record dashboard on HTML5 page, we use custom tags. Appian then generates the UI for it when the page is rendered..So your web page can be a mix of HTML5 content(UI widgets like div, input etc) and the UI widgets generated by SAIL (embedded).. Appian generates the DOM for the embedded record dashboard. So, it should be possible to attach events even to the DOM generated by Appians embedded SAIL.

Now, open the chrome Dev console and inspect the button which is there in the record dashboard. That button should have attributes like class, id etc. You could make use of those and write event handlers in JS for them. But, I see a problem - do those attributes change everytime the embedded form is rendered? Does the ID or class of that button change everytime? If yes, then it will be tricky. If no, then you can easily write a event handler for it, and attach the event handler after the page loads(you could put the JS script after the custom tag used).
Children
No Data