Value convertion at the time of data retrival

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

In the below code , is it possible to return a customized out put/data subset to the calling function of this queryEntity . 

For ex: for the column username which stores appian userid in DB  , need to be converted to Display name @ the time of query and return . same way the date format dueDate need to be changed to custom format .

I dont want to get the datasubset and loop through it to change the required values which is reason of this question. 

a!queryEntity(
entity: cons!MY_ENTITY,
query: a!query(
selection: a!querySelection(
columns: {
a!queryColumn(
field: "id"
),
a!queryColumn(
field: "username"
),
a!queryColumn(
field: "dueDate"
)
}

)
))

Thanks

Rajesh

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I agree with the above answers given by the practitioners, so before i proceed, i would like to know, where are you going to use these Data returned by the Query Entity, because if it's an interface then simply while rendering it, you can use text() function over the dueDate as you are saying that you don't want to do looping.

But if above doesn't meets your requirement, then better you create a View

else you don't have any other choice apart from going for looping using apply()
    Certified Lead Developer
    I agree with the above answers given by the practitioners, so before i proceed, i would like to know, where are you going to use these Data returned by the Query Entity, because if it's an interface then simply while rendering it, you can use text() function over the dueDate as you are saying that you don't want to do looping.

But if above doesn't meets your requirement, then better you create a View

else you don't have any other choice apart from going for looping using apply()
Children
No Data