Update value in database when approving a task

Hello everybody,

I need some help, it's probably really easy but I'm having some trouble. I started using Appian 10 days ago and I created a simple application. There's a dynamic form/wizard you can fill in. The data is stored in a data entity. The data from the data entity is displayed in a record grid. In this grid the data can be viewed as read only in the summary.

When the submit button is pressed a task is send to a user (initiator in this case). The task shows the form/wizard data as read only with radio buttons approve/reject and a submit button.

I'm trying to update the value in the database when that submit is pressed. In the summary I have the value displayed to see if it's working. That value remains empty now.

Everything except for updating the approve value is configured correctly.

My process model:

In User Input Task properties/Data/Inputs/ for the value in question I have:

Value set in parent: record

Save into: record.Approve

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, I assume the process model shows the task with the approval radio button. My question / suggestion is: if in the user task the approval is been set, shouldn't be the SmartNode 'Write to Data store entity' placed after the User input task?
  • "Hi, I assume the process model shows the task with the approval radio button."

I don't think so. What do you mean exactly? The boolean value for approval is located in the data type just like all the other variables.

If I place the "Write to Data store entity" after the "User input task" wouldn't the data then only be stored when the case is approved/rejected? I want cases to be show in the grid before and after they're approved/rejected. In the grid one of the sections displayed the value for approval (true, false or empty)
  • "Hi, I assume the process model shows the task with the approval radio button."

I don't think so. What do you mean exactly? The boolean value for approval is located in the data type just like all the other variables.

If I place the "Write to Data store entity" after the "User input task" wouldn't the data then only be stored when the case is approved/rejected? I want cases to be show in the grid before and after they're approved/rejected. In the grid one of the sections displayed the value for approval (true, false or empty)
Children
No Data