Error while fetching records using Query filter

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

I have a master table with column name [Project-name] which has 5000 records.

I have a child table also with column name [Project-name] which has 250 records. I need to filter child table records with master table and fetch the projects which are not available in master table.

For example:

My query as follows.

select distinct Project-name from [Child-projects] where Project-name not in (select distinct Project-name from [Master-projects])

I am able to retrieve the records using Query entity using Express rule. but the issue is [Master-projects] has 5000 records and getting the below error in Expression rule.

Error Message:
-----------------------

ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters. Reduce the number of parameters and resend the request.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,

The best way to implement your scenario is to fetch all distinct Project Name from Parent and Child and use appian function to remove the Duplicate

Please use a!queryAggregation to fetch the distinct value

=with(
    local!AllParentProgramName : rule!GetAllDistinctProjectFromParent(), /* this rule only return Distinct Project Name*/
    local!AllChildProgramName : rule!GetAllDistinctProjectFromChild(), /* this rule only return Distinct Project Name*/

difference( touniformString(local!AllChildProgramName) , touniformString(local!AllParentProgramName), )
    )
  • Hi,

The best way to implement your scenario is to fetch all distinct Project Name from Parent and Child and use appian function to remove the Duplicate

Please use a!queryAggregation to fetch the distinct value

=with(
    local!AllParentProgramName : rule!GetAllDistinctProjectFromParent(), /* this rule only return Distinct Project Name*/
    local!AllChildProgramName : rule!GetAllDistinctProjectFromChild(), /* this rule only return Distinct Project Name*/

difference( touniformString(local!AllChildProgramName) , touniformString(local!AllParentProgramName), )
    )
Children