I have a lowness in database records

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my database records, in an instance of appian it is too slow to enter one, I am making that same record to the same database but from another instance of appian and the operation is better, the information is sample faster. Could you help me review what it could be ??

Regards

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Moises,

Based in your previuos post I guess you are using MySQL. and your record type is Datasource type? Let me tell you some things.
    0) have you raised a ticket with Appian support?

1) So in case it is a query which is taking too much time take a look at this mail, you can enable MySQL to show you the queries which are taking too much time.
    dev.mysql.com/.../slow-query-log.html
    2) Take a look at your connection between the DB and Appian.
    3) Take look at the DB processing and ram consumption when your records is executed, before and after this will give you some information, like if the processor is lazy before and during the query it takes a long time your problem can be in the query. do the same with appian server and DB this for sure will give hits where is the problem

4) Are you using nested CDT's? if yes, try creating a view in the DB and create a flat CDT this will help you to make this lighter.
    5) Are you making lot of joins in your queries?
    6) are all the queries taking that long? or just the records?
    7) Are you displaying more than 15/20 columns? take a look at the records when loading (specially in the network and the elements) maybe you are loading lot of objects in the records? something like (the server is good but the client is loading lot of things ?)

I hope this helps
  • Hello Moises,

Based in your previuos post I guess you are using MySQL. and your record type is Datasource type? Let me tell you some things.
    0) have you raised a ticket with Appian support?

1) So in case it is a query which is taking too much time take a look at this mail, you can enable MySQL to show you the queries which are taking too much time.
    dev.mysql.com/.../slow-query-log.html
    2) Take a look at your connection between the DB and Appian.
    3) Take look at the DB processing and ram consumption when your records is executed, before and after this will give you some information, like if the processor is lazy before and during the query it takes a long time your problem can be in the query. do the same with appian server and DB this for sure will give hits where is the problem

4) Are you using nested CDT's? if yes, try creating a view in the DB and create a flat CDT this will help you to make this lighter.
    5) Are you making lot of joins in your queries?
    6) are all the queries taking that long? or just the records?
    7) Are you displaying more than 15/20 columns? take a look at the records when loading (specially in the network and the elements) maybe you are loading lot of objects in the records? something like (the server is good but the client is loading lot of things ?)

I hope this helps
Children
No Data