Many to Many relationship implementation

Hi, 

I have a requirement to implement Many to Many relationship in database. How best is to implement this? I have gone through the below article and it was mentioned that just to attain one to many relationship in database and then Appian will handle the sitution. So, Need some clarity and suggestions from implementation experience.

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/17.1/CDT_Relationships.html#many-to-many-relationship 

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Please follow the documentation for building up Many-to-Many Relationships.
    Some points to remember is :
    1. Proper mapping of relationships is being done. (Primary and Foreign Key).
    2. Have well defined primary key column instead of allowing allowing appian to create some random primary key column.
    3. Also considerations need to taken in case of update and deletion of data. (CASCADE or RESTRICT).
    4. Incase you are writing to all the tables, i will suggest using of a nested CDT to write data instead of many write to datastore entity nodes. So, it would make less database calls and will be more efficient.

I hope these points help you for your implementation.
  • Please follow the documentation for building up Many-to-Many Relationships.
    Some points to remember is :
    1. Proper mapping of relationships is being done. (Primary and Foreign Key).
    2. Have well defined primary key column instead of allowing allowing appian to create some random primary key column.
    3. Also considerations need to taken in case of update and deletion of data. (CASCADE or RESTRICT).
    4. Incase you are writing to all the tables, i will suggest using of a nested CDT to write data instead of many write to datastore entity nodes. So, it would make less database calls and will be more efficient.

I hope these points help you for your implementation.
Children
No Data