Best way to propagate CDT Changes especially removing columns

Hi,

I have been trying to garner different snippets of information on doing CDT changes especially removing some columns in a table.

I came across different suggestions and notably some links for a work around in wiki by page name data_type_impact_analysis. Link is not working and the post may be old.

I did come across an enhancement done from 16.2 onward for propagating data type changes across all the objects. My question is geared towards

availability of functionality available/work arounds/any plugins for auto populating the db change in objects where ever it is possible and showing other

impacted objects as red for manual edit where it is manually required to be removed. 

I did do impact analysis and know which objects are affected, but, not quite sure on if I have to manually check each and every object for whether

propagation of change is affected. Could somebody please direct me to the right documentation on the most appropriate approach?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hey sudhakaraa,

I can answer a few of your questions.

• When a Datatype is changed, any Object that is not currently being edited is updated with the new Datatype.

• I can't give you the name of a plugin that would automatically propagate all of your changes, but there is existing functionality in Appian that shows all impacted objects for you to manually edit.

While browsing your Application, check the box to the left of the Datatype object that you've just modified. Above the grid, next to the button that allows you to create a new object, a "DEPENDENTS" button should appear. You can click that to see all objects in your application that reference the Datatype object that you just modified.

• As for making changes to Datatype who reference DB tables that have recently changed, you can download the XSD for that Datatype using the gear in the top right of the screen. You can edit that XSD then reupload it (using the same gear in the top right of the screen) to make any changes to the Datatype and it's relationship with the Database. The XSD format is fairly intuitive and easy to work with.

Thanks,
    Jake