Reading the data from a text file stored in local desktop

Hi,

I have a requirement to read the data from a text file which is stored in local desktop. Can any one please help me in achieving this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Shiva

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi as per my understanding, Appian cannot access a file from local machine/desktop.

But there can be a workaround:
    1. Upload this file to Appian KC and access it.
    2. Store this file in a file storage system such as SharePoint and then access that using HTTP file download smart service
    3. If you have fttp enabled for your machine where you can get a link/web url for the document, then you can access that file in Appian.

Hence concluding the above points, you cannot access local system files directly.
    Hope this will help.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi as per my understanding, Appian cannot access a file from local machine/desktop.

But there can be a workaround:
    1. Upload this file to Appian KC and access it.
    2. Store this file in a file storage system such as SharePoint and then access that using HTTP file download smart service
    3. If you have fttp enabled for your machine where you can get a link/web url for the document, then you can access that file in Appian.

Hence concluding the above points, you cannot access local system files directly.
    Hope this will help.
Children