how to Connect to Virtual Data Base thru JDBC

Please advice me on how to connect Virtual Data Base (Data Warehouse) thru JDBC. We need to access data from Virtual Data Base thru Query Entity.  Any help on this will be appreciated.

Virtual Database:  http://teiid.jboss.org/basics/virtualdatabases/

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,

Generally, to connect any database in Appian we must configure JDBC connection in admin console under data source management section. Appian supports only 4 databases. Those are Oracle, MySql, SQL server and DB2.

FYR - docs.appian.com/.../System_Requirements.html

Also from link you shared it was mentioned that "Once VDB is deployed, your VDB can be accessed through JDBC-SQL, SOAP (Web Services), SOAP-SQL, or XQuery." So, I assume we must need atleast one of these database ( Oracle, MySql, SQL server and DB2) installed or connected in the VDB setup. If so we may directly connect via JDBC.

One more point, Since it is VDI you might need to consider the network issues like any VPN needed or any other proxy issues before you trying the database connection.

Thanks
  • Hi,

Generally, to connect any database in Appian we must configure JDBC connection in admin console under data source management section. Appian supports only 4 databases. Those are Oracle, MySql, SQL server and DB2.

FYR - docs.appian.com/.../System_Requirements.html

Also from link you shared it was mentioned that "Once VDB is deployed, your VDB can be accessed through JDBC-SQL, SOAP (Web Services), SOAP-SQL, or XQuery." So, I assume we must need atleast one of these database ( Oracle, MySql, SQL server and DB2) installed or connected in the VDB setup. If so we may directly connect via JDBC.

One more point, Since it is VDI you might need to consider the network issues like any VPN needed or any other proxy issues before you trying the database connection.

Thanks
Children
No Data