IntegerField is not giving error in first place if the value entered is text

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

I'm displaying integerField control inside an editable grid. The information added is getting saved in database table. The problem which is happening here is related to error message that user is not getting while entering any text value in the field. If user enters any non numeric value then it gets cleared out after mouse unfocus and again if we enter any non numeric characters only then it displays error message. Can somebody help me to figure out why is this happening?

Below is the code i'm using

a!integerField(
value:ri!AllTaskData_cdt.ContentMetricValue,
validationGroup: "EditContentMetrics",
required: true,
saveInto:{
a!save(
ri!AllTaskData_cdt.ContentMetricValue,
if(
or(
isnull(save!value),
len(save!value)=0
),
null,
save!value
)
),

a!save(
ri!updatedTaskData_cdt[ri!index].ContentMetricValue,
if(
or(
isnull(save!value),
len(save!value)=0
),
null,
save!value
)
)
}
)

Where AllTaskData_cdt and updatedtaskData_cdt is a cdt. AllTaskData_cdt is the variable which actually holds the value and updatedTaskData_cdt is used to store the updated values. The call to this rule is made from another interface where a!foreach() loop is running and hence one by one it sends the value for AllTaskData_cdt and that is why this variable is not declared as an array here

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to vimalkumars
    Hi Vimal,
    I do agree that KEYPRESS should work but in my case it was not throwing the error. However, The issue is resolved now as I changed my entire code with a!applyComponents() function instead of a!foreach() and its working fine. Even I'm confused at this point why the same code is not throwing error with a!foreach and working fine with a!applyComponents() function
Children
No Data