Record is failing for 5000 rows giving "An Error occurred while retrieving data"

Hi All,

We have a record mapped to a view which fails frequently giving "An Error Occurred While Retrieving The Data". When we executing Select * from <View> in database we are getting data within .33 seconds, but in Records after waiting for 10-15 seconds it fails.

We are on cloud and our database is on premise oracle database.

I am looking for alternatives to handle this situation like:

1. Can we restrict the data being fetched in record list (E.g. only 10 rows)

2. Search / Filters should work on complete data.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hi Krishna,

Yes, that is fine but my question is if I am restricting the no of records per page to 20 suppose, then whether it will fetch all th records and display 20 per page or it will only fetch 20 records for 1st page and then subsequently fetch the recorsds when user navigates using paging.

My main pain point is opening a record type is failing because of 5000 records after adding default filters
Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to PGarg
    Hi Prakhar Garg ,

It will fetch all the records , and show 20 per page. you can keep the default filter for search criteria. In Records it can fetch 'n' no.of rows, It is possible by giving paging(Rows to Display Per Page) restriction to it.

Regards,
    Krishna U
  • Hi Krishna,

It will fetch all the records , and show 20 per page - It means this limit is just for display, anyways it will fetch all the records. Correct?

you can keep the default filter for search criteria - Yes that is fine, but it is not of any help in our case.

In Records it can fetch 'n' no.of rows, It is possible by giving paging(Rows to Display Per Page) restriction to it. - As per your 1st point it will fetch all the records and display as per configuration (5 - 100) then paging restriction is just for displaying. But I want to limit the fetching as well as mentioned earlier.
    Can you please elaborate more on the third point as it seems to be bit confusing for me?