CDT Column type Change

Hi I have CDT linked to the table in database. I changed column from text to number. However underline table column is text. So how column type changes in CDT can be updated up to Table. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Regards

Shrirang

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi it's always a good idea to follow the below mention steps in order to change the data type of a table:

1. Write and execute the alter script to truncate the target column (But not the table)
    2. Write and execute the alter script to change the column type
    3. Edit the cdt directly or via downloaded xsd file and click on save
    4. This verifies the data store entity and if all good you will find a success notification.

I don't think, there are any ways to update the column type via appian because if that column has some value then this operation will fail.

Hope this will help.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi it's always a good idea to follow the below mention steps in order to change the data type of a table:

1. Write and execute the alter script to truncate the target column (But not the table)
    2. Write and execute the alter script to change the column type
    3. Edit the cdt directly or via downloaded xsd file and click on save
    4. This verifies the data store entity and if all good you will find a success notification.

I don't think, there are any ways to update the column type via appian because if that column has some value then this operation will fail.

Hope this will help.
Children
No Data