Bulleted List is not displayed properly

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

I'm building an application where I have to show error message to the users on the basis of some invalid inputs in cdt. I'm running a a!foreach() loop to get the list of all invalid data from cdt. The data returned is also in a correct format(Array) but when I'm trying to display its value using a!richTextBulletedList() its not showing bullets before the text. However the text displayed is in proper format i.e each index value is on separate line. I also tested the rule with local values and at that time it works fine. Can someone please tell me why exactly its happening?

Instead of displaying the value like

abc

pqr

xyz

I need it to be displayed like

*abc

*pqr

*xyz

where * is a symbol for bullet

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The following code sample does the trick:

= a!richTextDisplayField(
    value: a!richTextBulletedList(
    items: {"abc", "pqr", "xyz"}
    )
    )

One thing for you to check is if you actually have an array of text with multiple items. You wrote: "each index value is on separate line", which makes me wonder if you have a single text value with newline characters within it. If that's the case, the split function will probably help you.

in reply to Carlos Santander
    Hey Carlos,

Thanks for the reply, I'm already using the split function to convert the the text into array. As I already said i'm suing for loop to get the values from cdt. Its obviously array at that place but still i used split function to double check the issue but didn't got any success. Now with this particular point I have one question in my mind

Lets suppose the variable is not an array and i'm taking the value as a single string, Then also the bullet symbol needs to be populated at least once right? But its not at all visible.
    in reply to Carlos Santander
    Hey Carlos,

Thanks for the reply, I'm already using the split function to convert the the text into array. As I already said i'm suing for loop to get the values from cdt. Its obviously array at that place but still i used split function to double check the issue but didn't got any success. Now with this particular point I have one question in my mind

Lets suppose the variable is not an array and i'm taking the value as a single string, Then also the bullet symbol needs to be populated at least once right? But its not at all visible.
Children