Display

is it possible to join two quick apps? I wanted to make a general quick app with a field that had for example 3 different options, x, y, z. If option x was selected, then the quick app will open fields that are on option x on the general quick app in order to fill in different information that pertains to option x only. Each option would be a different quick app. Can this be done?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi again Jorge -

Think of an application as a logical container (a list, really) for objects.  
    An application is the easiest way to organize a set of related Appian objects that provide some valuable functionality when used together.
    Among the most critical functionality of applications is security and effective transportation of features from one server to another.  

Objects can be shared between applications.
    Unless objects in ABC application are explicitly secured in a way prevents a designer from accessing them, then that designer can reference an object from ABC application in DEF application.

One object can exists in two or more applications, and this is very common.
    As your development practice grows, you'll periodically face the decision of "do I split, or do I share?"  There's no one size fits all answer to this question.

Have you seen the Appian Playbook

• Hi again Jorge -

Think of an application as a logical container (a list, really) for objects.  
    An application is the easiest way to organize a set of related Appian objects that provide some valuable functionality when used together.
    Among the most critical functionality of applications is security and effective transportation of features from one server to another.  

Objects can be shared between applications.
    Unless objects in ABC application are explicitly secured in a way prevents a designer from accessing them, then that designer can reference an object from ABC application in DEF application.

One object can exists in two or more applications, and this is very common.
    As your development practice grows, you'll periodically face the decision of "do I split, or do I share?"  There's no one size fits all answer to this question.

Have you seen the Appian Playbook

Children
No Data