High Disk Usage with Files that are uploaded in Appian Application (Are there any Compression tools to compress those files etc...)

Hi everyone, my name is Jerry.  I am currently facing an issue that I need a little help on.  We currently have an Appian application in which users take pictures from their phones and upload those pictures or any other files needed.  These pictures/files are currently saved in folders in KC.  They are taking lots and lots of spaces and we are running close to 80% disk usage.  The plan is to transfer those files to a different server using FTP, but that's currently in the process and may take a little bit longer than anticipated.  In the meantime, is there any short term solutions for this such as a compressing tool to compress those files that are being uploaded or any other solutions that can work?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Jerry,

Would resizing the images be acceptable to reduce file size? If so, you may be able to use the image utilities plugin on the appmarket to shrink your file size on disk. Doing this in a plugin makes the most sense, but based on how your application is designed you may or may not be able to leverage something already on the appmarket versus having to write your own.

I assume you have already done some analysis on your disk usage, but if not make sure you check other potential culprits. For instance if you have a lot of large processes archived on disk you can compress those archives to free up space.
  • Hi Eric, anything that reduce the size of the file we will try. I am looking for something like if the file for example is 14 Mb we can reduce to maybe 1.4 MB or something to that nature. That is the general idea of what we are looking for
Reply Children
No Data