How to write to data store from Start Node

Hello,

I have a from and I have it in the start node, as I have to showcase the form from sites. I have created the process variables for the process model. Now that I have the form where do I save the Input values of the form into a process variable?? we don't have an Input data task. Such that how can I connect to a data store?. if I don't have a value under process variable.     

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi nellorea0001,

1. Have your SAIL interface form:
    2. In your process model > process properties > process start form
      Call your interface
    3. It should ask if you want to create the process variables automatically. Else you can use the + button. Another option is to create the variable on the Variables page (make sure the parameter checkbox is checked)
    4. When you submit the form, it will output the data into the mapped process variables.

I hope that helps.

• Alternatively, depending on the complexity of the write to data store, you could write directly from the SAIL interface through the a!writeToDataStoreEntity or a!writeToMultipleDataStoreEntities smart services. This could eliminate the need for your process model entirely. This assumes you aren't doing other workflow steps or writing to multiple tables that need to be written sequentially (one write depends on the ID of the previous write).
    Certified Senior Developer
    you can store data in a saveInto of a SAIL component. Most of the time we want to do more things with the data to store and putting complex logic inside a SAIL form makes maintenance tougher.
    I prefer saving in the SAIL form directly, because if something goes wrong with the save, you can immediately notify the user that something went wrong. If the DB save occurs in the process model, the user is not notified that something went wrong and they will be confused about what is happening. which you can avoid by placing most of the logic of the application in SAIL and only using process models for essential elements.