How to query on local data?

I have an array of of CDT which have local data stored in it. Now I have to fetch data from the array based on some certain condition.
For example, I have a CDT named "Employee" with fields firstName, lastName and employeeId. Now I want to get the firstName of the employee whose employeeId is 12345.
How to achieve that?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can use the filter() function.
    First you need to create a rule which takes A .one Employee CDT as input B. the id/name to filter on.
    This rule should return true if the EmployeeCDT.name is equal to given givenName or EmployeeCDT.id equal to id.
    Example:

local!filteredEmployee: filter( rule!returnTrueIfEmployeeHasId( _, 12345) , ri!arrayOfEmployeeCDT ).

Then just access the name using local!filteredEmployee.name

Here the rule returnTrueIfEmployeeHasId is assumed to be created already.
    It has some condition like this:
    ri!cdtEmployee.id = ri!inputId

Note: you could extend this pattern and create child rules for each of the filters possible. (say filter by name, filter by id etc.)

• You can use the filter() function.
    First you need to create a rule which takes A .one Employee CDT as input B. the id/name to filter on.
    This rule should return true if the EmployeeCDT.name is equal to given givenName or EmployeeCDT.id equal to id.
    Example:

local!filteredEmployee: filter( rule!returnTrueIfEmployeeHasId( _, 12345) , ri!arrayOfEmployeeCDT ).

Then just access the name using local!filteredEmployee.name

Here the rule returnTrueIfEmployeeHasId is assumed to be created already.
    It has some condition like this:
    ri!cdtEmployee.id = ri!inputId

Note: you could extend this pattern and create child rules for each of the filters possible. (say filter by name, filter by id etc.)

Children
No Data