Connect Appian Cloud to Azure Cloud

Hello,

I'm trying to connect Appian cloud to a azure cloud SQL Server, using the new data source option in the Administration Console.

I have the connection string, username and password but I always get the following error: "Could not connect to the specified host and port".

The IP I gave was from using the ping command but I think that this is not the real IP that the appian cloud instance is using.

Does anyone now how can I solve this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello! Apologies for the delayed response.

When connecting to a data source over the internet, you will need to whitelist all Appian Cloud IP addresses for the region your Cloud site is hosted in. You can find the full list of IP addresses to whitelist per region here

Alternatively, if you would like to restrict source traffic to a particular Cloud site or set of Cloud sites, we strongly recommend the use of VPN Tunnels.

For Azure resources specifically, we also have documentation with guidance on the integration options. 

• Hello! Apologies for the delayed response.

When connecting to a data source over the internet, you will need to whitelist all Appian Cloud IP addresses for the region your Cloud site is hosted in. You can find the full list of IP addresses to whitelist per region here

Alternatively, if you would like to restrict source traffic to a particular Cloud site or set of Cloud sites, we strongly recommend the use of VPN Tunnels.

For Azure resources specifically, we also have documentation with guidance on the integration options. 

Children