How many documents can we store in Appian?

I need to know if there are any limitations with the number of documents we store in Appian - both the total number, but also also in terms of how we store them. 

We currently use the standard configuration with 3 ACCDOC folders. If we intend to store a high number of documents (many millions) should this be configured differently to avoid performance issues?

thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    What is the purpose and approximate total bulk filesize of the "many millions" of documents you anticipate storing?

I'm not sure whether there's a hard limit within Appian, though obviously environment sizing would affect both performance under a heavy load of documents as well as the total size you plan to store. Nominally Appian isn't supposed to be an alternative to bulk cold data storage services, though if you keep an eye on optimization it might be ok.

My one suggestion would be, where possible, to create ZIP packages of older collections of documents, or really any where the intent is to have them for archival purposes as opposed to active ongoing use. This would allow the filesystem to be unburdened of quite as many files it needs to index, as well as potentially allowing for some easy data compression.
    Certified Lead Developer
    What is the purpose and approximate total bulk filesize of the "many millions" of documents you anticipate storing?

I'm not sure whether there's a hard limit within Appian, though obviously environment sizing would affect both performance under a heavy load of documents as well as the total size you plan to store. Nominally Appian isn't supposed to be an alternative to bulk cold data storage services, though if you keep an eye on optimization it might be ok.

My one suggestion would be, where possible, to create ZIP packages of older collections of documents, or really any where the intent is to have them for archival purposes as opposed to active ongoing use. This would allow the filesystem to be unburdened of quite as many files it needs to index, as well as potentially allowing for some easy data compression.
Children
No Data