How much max no of records appian gets from database

Hi,

I am getting data from REST API, for 3 Lacs of only ID's getting from database I am getting below error. 

Failed to connect to http://machine:5097/api/accountids Unable to process response body - The response body was greater than 5 MB and could not be processed

May i know why this is limitation. How to overcome it. 

I need to get around 25 Lacs of ID's. The reason is in Appian Record it expects all Id's to be present in order to work record properly. (I have requirement like, open screen -> filter record -> fetch data using REST API & show on grid -> click on any record it should display summary of that record (To display summary it expects all records should present).

I am really surprised the way Appian works. Any help is highly appreciated.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    I think there may be some misunderstanding. When you click on a record, you should query for that one record, using the filter provided, so you don't return all the records in the entire database.

If you are looking at the list of records, it only ever shows 100, meaning there's no benefit to grabbing more than the first 100 records, and thereby not grabbing the entire database. If you want records that don't display in that first 100, you apply a filter at the top and requery the database.

If you think you have to pull EVERY record and you have more than 100, let alone 2,500,000 records, I think you need to reconsider what you're doing to your database. You really want to pull the minimum amount of data possible at all times.

The limitation is there to prevent you from writing queries that take over ten minutes for even a super fast database server to execute.
  • Hi David,

It seems some misunderstanding. It's not me that i want to pull all records it's Appian "RECORD" design in such a way that it expects all records should present.

in more detail i will rephrase issue.

I have a interface where some filter criteria available based on that i am fetching data from database let's say i got 5 rows.
    On gird i have hyperlink for ID, when i click on id 5200 then i pass that id as record type link & i am expecting summary page of that record should get opened. Note the record is expression or service backed record. so appian expects my id 5200 should be available in data returned by that expression. But how i can ensure that? for that matter i need to pull data from database, i can't pass the id 5200 to appian expression backed record that's appian limitation.

Appian has so many limitations, Can you please help here.