Check if a document exist or not in Appian

Hi!

Is there any way to check is exists or not a document in appian,some rule that checks it and return true or false because if i use length or count,it returns me "1" but the document doesnt exist, it´s too weird.

Any help?

Regards,Rebeca

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • i have to build a web api, they call it with a query parameter, this parameter is the id, and i need check that this id exists or not like document in Appian repository

• How does your integration know which document IDs to add as parameters? Do you have an external DB that is storing the ID numbers or, using another integration, or some other method?

What I have often seen in these cases is that you may be able to use some other data to find the associated ID. For example, suppose your Web API is attempting to download documents associated with a case. In this scenario, you could provide the case ID and have Appian query to find documents that correspond to the case. That way, you never have to directly request the document ID; instead, the relationship between your document and the case will find the associated information.

If something like what I described won't work, can you provide a bit more detail on your use case?