Modify Visibility on a Record based on Group Membership

I would like to create a record of requests that must be approved by a supervisor group. I would like the basic users to only be able to view the requests they submitted but the supervisor group to see all requests that have been submitted by the basic user. Is there a way to do this? Thanks....

OriginalPostID-94404

OriginalPostID-94404

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Jacob,
    I need to use an entity backed record because once the request is issued, has been approved, and is completed we necessitate a process termination. Therefore I need to store information in a database to maintain the records and use an entity backed record.

Jesse,
    Your suggestion worked very well. Thank you for the advice. A follow up question would be regarding performance when the supervisor group can view the requests. It takes about 8 seconds for the supervisor group to view all requests and I am assuming this is because of the query rule looking for the many requests we will have in our system. Is there a way to perhaps expedite this process with a more efficient query rule? Thanks again.
  • Jacob,
    I need to use an entity backed record because once the request is issued, has been approved, and is completed we necessitate a process termination. Therefore I need to store information in a database to maintain the records and use an entity backed record.

Jesse,
    Your suggestion worked very well. Thank you for the advice. A follow up question would be regarding performance when the supervisor group can view the requests. It takes about 8 seconds for the supervisor group to view all requests and I am assuming this is because of the query rule looking for the many requests we will have in our system. Is there a way to perhaps expedite this process with a more efficient query rule? Thanks again.
Children
No Data