inserting data in my DB one to many relation

Hello All,

I have a problem with inserting Data into my Database, my CDT named "class" has {emplyeeID, courseID, status} I want to write the following:
{EmployeeID: 1, CourseID:1, status: "Not started},{EmployeeID:1, courseID:2, status:"In progress"},{EmployeeID:1,courseID:3, status:"Completed"}

but when I check my CDT it writes only the full first row and the rest writes only the courseID.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Since you are writing to an array, you have to pass an array.  If you pass a single (scalar) value, then only the first index in the array will be written to.

In this use case, I usually pass: repeat(length(pv!class),pv!employee.employeeID).  In other words, for every row in class, write the employeeID.

One caveat is that you have to include a null check, since length() will not like if you pass a null.

Certified Lead Developer

Since you are writing to an array, you have to pass an array.  If you pass a single (scalar) value, then only the first index in the array will be written to.

In this use case, I usually pass: repeat(length(pv!class),pv!employee.employeeID).  In other words, for every row in class, write the employeeID.

One caveat is that you have to include a null check, since length() will not like if you pass a null.

Children
No Data