How can we implement locking in appian? How many types of locking are supported?

How can we implement locking in appian? How many types of locking are supported?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

I'm a fan of building my own pessimistic locking mechanism by utilizing process model display and a process report. At the start of the process, put in a sub process that checks if their is the same process (such as edit record) of the same record id currently active. If there is an active process, the flow is terminated within the sub process and a helpful interface explaining it is currently locked. If there is no active process, the flow continues as normal.

Certified Senior Developer

I'm a fan of building my own pessimistic locking mechanism by utilizing process model display and a process report. At the start of the process, put in a sub process that checks if their is the same process (such as edit record) of the same record id currently active. If there is an active process, the flow is terminated within the sub process and a helpful interface explaining it is currently locked. If there is no active process, the flow continues as normal.

Children
No Data