How to set a value?

Certified Associate Developer

Hello Appian Community,

I am trying to set a value = to something else like a simple java statement x=fo but I keep getting false,

why is the default value for =, in appian == in java?

sorry for the noob question but, I have spent hours searching for an answer but have not been able to find anything.

I am attempting to set a value in a interface when one field is changed then another will be reset.

I assume this is possible, however I have not been able to find an example,

thanks, 

Kevin

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • What Danny described above is how you initialize a variable. However, in the use case you described, it looks like you want to save a value into a variable. The easiest way to do this is to use the a!save() function to define a target variable and the value you would like to save to the variable. I'd suggest trying something like this:

saveInto: {
      ri!var1,
      /* I'm assuming you always want to save the value of the first variable */
      /* or else your dropdown wouldn't remember the value chosen by the user :) */

a!save(
        target: ri!var2,
        value: null
      )
      /* You shouldn't need any logic like an if() or isnull() here because you */
      /* would always want to save a null value for var2 when you update var1 */
    }

If this still doesn't work, I'd also recommend looking at the recipe for a cascading dropdown since that seems pretty similar to what you are trying to do!

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Peter Lewis

thank you so much Peter! GrinJoyKissing heartGrin

works perfectly