Editable Grid Pagination

Hi All

How To Write Pagination In Editable Grid ?Some Example

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The Editable Grid component doesn't allow paging. I have seen some app developers that have created custom paging using rich text (the example above would work well).

I'd also recommend thinking about whether having a paging editable grid is the right paradigm anyway. There are some usability concerns with this setup that are difficult to resolve including:

• How do validations work? Do you validate on pages that are not visible? How do you show the user that they need to fix something on another page?
    • Is it possible to add rows to your grid? What happens if the user tries to add a row when you have already reached the maximum batch size?

Although it may seem that paging is important, I've actually found that it can be more confusing to have paging rather than just having a large editable grid.

• The Editable Grid component doesn't allow paging. I have seen some app developers that have created custom paging using rich text (the example above would work well).

I'd also recommend thinking about whether having a paging editable grid is the right paradigm anyway. There are some usability concerns with this setup that are difficult to resolve including:

• How do validations work? Do you validate on pages that are not visible? How do you show the user that they need to fix something on another page?
    • Is it possible to add rows to your grid? What happens if the user tries to add a row when you have already reached the maximum batch size?

Although it may seem that paging is important, I've actually found that it can be more confusing to have paging rather than just having a large editable grid.

Children