Issues when connecting to an external RDBMS (Oracle) via DataSource using a service account

Hello ! I have a requirement to connect to view in an external database (Oracle) using a service account from Appian.

I established the connection via Datasource from the admin console and it was a success. Created the CDT for this view and mapped it to the data store entity, verified and published it without issues. 

Now, I tried querying data using a!queryEntity() and get the following error “Expression evaluation error at function a!queryEntity: An error occurred while retrieving the data.” I believe the reason for this error is the service account in question has access to not just one schema but many schemas in the target database. I am unable to establish a connection to the specific schema which contains the view I need to query data from. My understanding is schema name can't be configured in the XSD. Tried the below, with quotes, without quotes. I had no luck. 

<xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:appinfo source="appian.jpa">
	   	@Table(name ="V_EMPLOYEE_INFO", schema="APPIANTEST")
      </xsd:appinfo>

To confirm data was being fetched, used a Query database smart service with the below query and I was able to retrieve data: 

SELECT 
APPIANTEST.V_EMPLOYEE_INFO.EMP_ID,
APPIANTEST.V_EMPLOYEE_INFO.FIRSTNAME 
from APPIANTEST.V_EMPLOYEE_INFO 
where APPIANTEST.V_EMPLOYEE_INFO.EMP_ID = ac!EMP_ID

We use Oracle SQL Developer tool  and I see the data in the view but I have to navigate to "Others" -> APPIANTEST (my schema) -> V_EMPLOYEE_INFO(my view) as this is a service account profile.

I need to be able to fetch data in batches and process it. Any help on how to configure this/fetch data using a!queryEntity()/ any othersolution would be highly appreciated. Thank you !

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible