Using the selected value of one user filter and fetch the other user filte dependent on the first

I am working on a simple record dsiplay example I have 4 companies as a make of car and each company has different models. In the records I want to select the make first and then the models filter is filled with the value of models specific to that company. Check the attached files for details.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • As far as I know you cannot pass context (values) between User filters in a Record, which appears to be what you asking. Yes, that would seem a valuable thing to be able to do, but, no, you can't do it (yet - having had a quick look at the Appian backlog this is a requested feature but there is no associated Release of Appian for this)

You do still have choices though. You can make a custom User interface and implement the ;cascading filters' pattern there, with your list of Makes and Models in conventional dropdowns, and the list exposed in a grid field. If you need this list to act as if it were a list of Records (i.e. be able to click on a link in one of the rows and navigate to a Record view) you can add record links to the rows. So in effect you'd be writing your own Record List view.

• As far as I know you cannot pass context (values) between User filters in a Record, which appears to be what you asking. Yes, that would seem a valuable thing to be able to do, but, no, you can't do it (yet - having had a quick look at the Appian backlog this is a requested feature but there is no associated Release of Appian for this)

You do still have choices though. You can make a custom User interface and implement the ;cascading filters' pattern there, with your list of Makes and Models in conventional dropdowns, and the list exposed in a grid field. If you need this list to act as if it were a list of Records (i.e. be able to click on a link in one of the rows and navigate to a Record view) you can add record links to the rows. So in effect you'd be writing your own Record List view.

Children