unexpected end of json input while trying to view summary view from record list can anyone explain why it has occured

unexpected end of json  input while trying to view summary view from record list can anyone explain why it has occured

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to juergeng393

I recently ran into this error and found this thread as a result. I was able to resolve the issue after a bit of messing around with the code and narrow it down to the fv!identifier variable. Here was my scenario: My task was to create a bulleted list using a forEach loop with a record link to the summary view in each bullet point. To make things more complex, this forEach loop had to go inside an already existing forEach loop with a local variable that indexed indexed out the items for the child forEach loop. We'll call this local variable local!items. The code looked something like this: 

a!richTextBulletedList(
    items: a!forEach(
    local!items,         /* local!items is a list of record types indexed out of the results of a record query */
    a!richTextItem(
    text: "Text to display",
    link:
    a!recordLink(
    recordType: "recordType",
    identifier: fv!identifier
    )
    )
    )
    )

My best guess is that the record link didn't like fv!identifier since it didn't know exactly what the unique identifier was since it was a local variable. The resolution simply involved changing fv!identifier to fv!item[recordType.ID] since this manually specifies the unique identifier for each iteration in the loop.