About Data Sync option

Hi All,

Could someone please help me understand the difference between data Sync and immediate data sync for record type.

I was referring "https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/20.4/Record_Type_Object.html#data-sync

and in that I am confused with the topics "Data sync" "Updating synced record types"  

Under "Data sync" the below criteria is given:

You should only enable sync for your record type if:

• Your source data changes infrequently outside of Appian and it doesn't need to be synced into Appian more than once a day.

Where under the topic  "Updating synced record types" it talks about immediate update?

Thanks

Faisal

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Faisal,
    you might think about the data sync like a cache. The size limit of the cache is 100,000 rows. Appian loads data from the original source into the cache to speed up the access time for record retrievals. This sync happens once a day. So your users should be good with this fact and not expecting 'real time' data.

The immediate sync happens when Appian is updating the original data source. This triggers that the cache gets updated too. 

I hope this make sense.

• Hi Faisal,
    you might think about the data sync like a cache. The size limit of the cache is 100,000 rows. Appian loads data from the original source into the cache to speed up the access time for record retrievals. This sync happens once a day. So your users should be good with this fact and not expecting 'real time' data.

The immediate sync happens when Appian is updating the original data source. This triggers that the cache gets updated too. 

I hope this make sense.

Children
No Data