Unable to upload document from views of a record.

Hello,

In our project, I have created an interface that has a file upload option. When I used that interface at views of some record file upload is not working. However, That interface is working fine in Appian designer and as a start form for process models at other places.

Is it possible to upload files from interfaces used in views of a record? FYI, we are using this record on a site.

If it is not possible, Kindly suggest any work around for it.

Thanks,

Shikhar

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • I absolutely agree with Mike.

In order to upload a document, you need to have it in the process model. That too within a node of that PM and not really passing it from the interface using startProcess. 
    Let's understand this concept in detail. If you have a process with a task to accept file uploads, no matter if you continue the workflow by using a submit button or a cancel button, the task will be submitted and the document will be uploaded. You will have to explicitly delete the document using a Smart service in case you pressed "Cancel" or any similar button. So it means, to upload a document, you need to have it in a UIT and submit it. 

Now the best workaround can be,
    You can use a related action "Upload documents" to start a process with chained nodes till the user inputs task where you can add the file upload field. As soon as you submit that task, your document will be uploaded, as I explained above. 

Thanks,
    Harshit

• Hello Rita,

What I was trying to do earlier is not possible as suggested by Mike and confirmed by Harshit. Therefore, I have provided a button on the main page. Upon clicking on the button a new process model starts which has start form as the interface which I wanted.

Thanks,

Shikhar Barve

• Hi Harshit,

Thank you for your response. My problem is that I don't have a process in reality, I don't have tasks to do. Like Shikhar, I have a record with some interfaces where the user populate fields with information and must upload files. And I have a button "submit" to save da data because the user will acess the same record later to do more changes and access information posted before.

I will sugest the possibility of having a related action...

Thanks,

Rita Ferreira

• Hi Shikhar,

Thanks. I will propose the same for client... 

Rita Ferreira