I have a process backed record and trying to get a group name on the record dash

I have a process backed record and trying to get a group name on the record dashboard.
I tried using various combinations to get the group name on the dashboard but either it gives an error or gives group name as an integer.
toString(rf!XXX) printed an integer while group(rf!XXX,"groupName") gave the following error:
Error evaluating function 'group' : The passed parameter(s) are of the wrong type.

where XXX is a process variable of the type group.

Please suggest how to get the group name on the dashboard....

OriginalPostID-99144

OriginalPostID-99144

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • What is the value of rf!XXX?? Is this a number or something like [Group nn]
    Start with checking the type.
    Once you identify the pv type, based on what it is, you can use one of the toXXX() functions to convert it to the right type.
    If its a number and if the number -does- represent the actual group, you should be able to use it in the group function - use toGroup() to cast the number to group
  • What is the value of rf!XXX?? Is this a number or something like [Group nn]
    Start with checking the type.
    Once you identify the pv type, based on what it is, you can use one of the toXXX() functions to convert it to the right type.
    If its a number and if the number -does- represent the actual group, you should be able to use it in the group function - use toGroup() to cast the number to group
Children
No Data