Issue using Interface with Record for summary view

I am using Appian 20.4 and following the guide (https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/20.4/Records_Tutorial.html#add-summary-view-to-record-type) to create a summary view. The record list is working fine so far for the entity back data.

The summary view interface has a rule input, "entry", which is of type recordtype as instructed by the guide. The fields are text fields and the display values are selected from the record field dropdown.

The summary view interface expression config is: rule!MyTrackerEntrySummaryView(entry: rv!record). This is based on the instructions provided by the guide. However, when I drill down into the summary view of a record, I get the below error:

An Error Has Occurred Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = S8KKPC2P] in rule 'mytrackerentrysummaryview' at function a!recordBodyWrapper: Report Tracking Entry can only be indexed into using square brackets or the index function (APNX-1-4535-000)

Screenshots further down page show that this method isn't even being used. The example is passing in rv!identifier to the interface instead of rv!record.

Does anyone have an example of a working expression rule for the summary view interface? Am I supposed to be retrieving the record a different way inside of the interface?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data