errno: 150 "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed") (APNX-1-4178-000) -- Appian Data store error

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Community,

So I am creating a new CDT from scratch, I have 5 fields in it .No database table is created . Primary key is defined in CDT. One of the fields c_address I have defined as text type and checked the array checkbox. All saved , but I am not able to publish the datastore. Getting the below error. Basically I am checking how array functionality works for a text type or any other type. Kindly share some insight.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    in reply to baratc

Hi , 

Thanks for reply . Just to confirm the emp_address acts as a foreign key for employeeeCDT ,right? Also , what is use of array check box defined for the specific fields. What purpose will that serve for that particular column value defined as array type from DB point of view too? That database field will be able to store multiple address if checked for a single employee ,something like below:

Ename  Eaddress

ABC    address1

ABC    address2

in reply to Shikha

Hi Shikha,

Just to confirm the emp_address acts as a foreign key for employeeeCDT ,right? - > Yes Correct 

what is use of array use of array check box defined for the specific fields? -> more that one value is possible for that field

What purpose will that serve for that particular column value defined as array type from DB point of view too? ->1 to many relationships

Yes database field will be able to store multiple address 

Please let me know if this helps!