Multiple Default Options for Record User Filters

Certified Lead Developer

Referencing an older post, https://community.appian.com/discussions/f/rules/13526/set-default-multiple-options-for-record-under-user-filters-in-the-record/61489#61489, it doesn't seem like setting multiple default option(s) for a record user filter is possible. But 3 years have passed and the label is dubbed "Default Option(s)", which indicates to me that maybe multiple default option(s) is now possible. If so how would I configure it? 

Currently, I can pass in a single value in the "Default Option(s)" section: ex) 1, and return all the records with field value 1. However, when I pass multiple values in ex) {1,2} it returns all records and doesn't filter on 1 or 2 for that field value.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Haley,
    I had the same requirements and found a way to pass a single Status value to a single Status Default option. I used a process variable and set it by:
    if(local!companyStatus="All",null,If(local!companyStatus="Active", true(), false()))
    I hope this helps you.

The problem I'm having is that I want to pass a dynamic list called "Company IDs" of a user selection of ~35 companies, but the limitation of aa single input, or listing all of the possibe values [which will change as the user makes choices] doesn't seem to be possible.
    I can do this in an interface with and expression-backed read-only grid, but someone like the option of Export to Excel in the records better than my code.

• Haley,
    I had the same requirements and found a way to pass a single Status value to a single Status Default option. I used a process variable and set it by:
    if(local!companyStatus="All",null,If(local!companyStatus="Active", true(), false()))
    I hope this helps you.

The problem I'm having is that I want to pass a dynamic list called "Company IDs" of a user selection of ~35 companies, but the limitation of aa single input, or listing all of the possibe values [which will change as the user makes choices] doesn't seem to be possible.
    I can do this in an interface with and expression-backed read-only grid, but someone like the option of Export to Excel in the records better than my code.

Children
No Data