Hi, How to implement multiple facets on service-backed records. For e

Hi,

How to implement multiple facets on service-backed records. For example, I have defined two facets, one for Title & another for Department. What will be the structure of filter query in this case (Having both the facet options selected by a user)?
Please provide any example.

Thanks...

OriginalPostID-99458

OriginalPostID-99458

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks patty,
    I understood that multiple facets will be applied as AND union. But how can i work with multiple facets to filter the records when i am dealing with Standard Appian User records?

My case is -
    1) Created a rule to fetch all the appian users - 'rule!fetchUsers'
    2) Created another rule which shows all the users in a listview. - 'rule!showUsers'
    3) Create service-backed record by using 'rule!showUsers'.
    4) This service-backed record shows me all the users in ListView.
    5) Then, added 'Department' facet in 'rule!showUsers'.
    6) Created another rule to actually filter the records based on department facet option selected by user. - 'rule!fetchFilteredUsers'
    7) I am assuming that department Id gets passed to this 'rule!fetchFilteredUsers' Rule. Hence this works.
    8) But when i add another facet option to the rule (Title). I am not able to determine as how to update filtered rule in order to achieve the functionality for both facets.
  • Thanks patty,
    I understood that multiple facets will be applied as AND union. But how can i work with multiple facets to filter the records when i am dealing with Standard Appian User records?

My case is -
    1) Created a rule to fetch all the appian users - 'rule!fetchUsers'
    2) Created another rule which shows all the users in a listview. - 'rule!showUsers'
    3) Create service-backed record by using 'rule!showUsers'.
    4) This service-backed record shows me all the users in ListView.
    5) Then, added 'Department' facet in 'rule!showUsers'.
    6) Created another rule to actually filter the records based on department facet option selected by user. - 'rule!fetchFilteredUsers'
    7) I am assuming that department Id gets passed to this 'rule!fetchFilteredUsers' Rule. Hence this works.
    8) But when i add another facet option to the rule (Title). I am not able to determine as how to update filtered rule in order to achieve the functionality for both facets.
Children
No Data