Feature Request: please enable local variables In records

Certified Senior Developer

Feature Request:

Enable local variables where we can query or get some important data related to a record item so that it can be reused in all the of the related actions visibility because we usually do same set of queries/group checks most of the time. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I know what you mean, but I hope you realize how major of a change this would be - AFAIK it would require the entire construction of the record type to be fundamentally altered.

As a workaround, I've actually seen this done inherently in the "record view source expression", where the work is done in a custom / external expression rule, where various visibility aspects are evaluated all at once (such as various "group membership check" functions etc), then passed back via the manual construction of a specialty CDT that's the same CDT used for the record's Data Type.  This can at least work for view and related action parameters and visibility settings, saving you from having to run duplicative logic many times for each entry.

Certified Lead Developer

I know what you mean, but I hope you realize how major of a change this would be - AFAIK it would require the entire construction of the record type to be fundamentally altered.

As a workaround, I've actually seen this done inherently in the "record view source expression", where the work is done in a custom / external expression rule, where various visibility aspects are evaluated all at once (such as various "group membership check" functions etc), then passed back via the manual construction of a specialty CDT that's the same CDT used for the record's Data Type.  This can at least work for view and related action parameters and visibility settings, saving you from having to run duplicative logic many times for each entry.

Children