Query Entity fails when using operator "include" for the column having NULL value in database

Certified Senior Developer

Query Entity fails when using operator "include" for the column having NULL value in database. I am using view to retrieve the data.

This is working fine when I remove the query filter having "include" operator.

Seems "include" is having problem with columns having null values specially in case of view.

Anyone, please suggest some solution around this.

Exception details:

Expression evaluation error at function a!queryEntity [line 3]: An error occurred while retrieving the data. Details: Unexpected error executing query (type: [TWMVwDocumentMappingDT4091], query: [queryentity expression], order by: [[Sort[isDeleted asc]]], filters:[((isDeleted = TypedValue[it=26,v=0]) AND (siteId includes TypedValue[it=3,v=AB41855]))])

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Bansh, I cannot replicate this functionality - a few tests with a!queryEntity() over data stores connected to views are successfully allowing me to utilize the "includes" operator on both columns that contain nulls, and are completely null (all rows).  On occasion, views can perform type casting to create some odd behavior. 

How is the siteId column defined in your view?

Are all rows null or only some?

Is it possible to test the view using CAST or a CASE statement to convert nulls to empty strings, such as:

case
    	when siteId is null then ''
    	else siteId
    end as 'siteId'

• Hi Bansh, I cannot replicate this functionality - a few tests with a!queryEntity() over data stores connected to views are successfully allowing me to utilize the "includes" operator on both columns that contain nulls, and are completely null (all rows).  On occasion, views can perform type casting to create some odd behavior. 

How is the siteId column defined in your view?

Are all rows null or only some?

Is it possible to test the view using CAST or a CASE statement to convert nulls to empty strings, such as:

case
    	when siteId is null then ''
    	else siteId
    end as 'siteId'

Children