Need to build custom Picker for cdt

Requirement : Team we have an admin application which performs some write to DB , currently cdt is hardcoded as scope is limited to some apps.

Now we want to make it dynamic like after selecting datastore it should populate all the CDT associated with it or a custom picker to just search from all the CDT of system.

Any idea?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi there,

As far as I know, there is no direct method to get a list of all the CDTs of the system. But the other way round can be creating a dictionary in a rule with the CDT and its type number or any other identifier that you use to store the selected CDT. And then using it as choiceLabels and choiceValues in a dropdown or picker. The only caveat here is that you will have to manually add all the required CDTs in that rule and update it whenever a new CDT is introduced. 

I'm interested in knowing what other people have to say about this problem. 

• Hi there,

As far as I know, there is no direct method to get a list of all the CDTs of the system. But the other way round can be creating a dictionary in a rule with the CDT and its type number or any other identifier that you use to store the selected CDT. And then using it as choiceLabels and choiceValues in a dropdown or picker. The only caveat here is that you will have to manually add all the required CDTs in that rule and update it whenever a new CDT is introduced. 

I'm interested in knowing what other people have to say about this problem. 

Children