Data Caching

Background: In my application there is a simple paging feature that utilizes a server side application to retrieve data for each page of a grid that needs looked at. Upon receiving a response from the server, the onSuccess callback of the startProcess function that is called will use an expression rule which matches the data returned with data found in a view on the appian cloud db. This matching is done in order to alter one column of the data to fill it in with task Ids when one is found in the db for the given data row.

Problem: Creating a new task works great and a task Id will show properly in the grid. Paging works great and existing task Ids will show properly. The issue is found when a user creates a task, navigates to a previous page, and then returns to the page where the task Id was. In this case the task Id will not be found.

Walkthrough:

Scenario 1
Navigate to page 3, making previous page page 2
create task, task Id shows
navigate to page 2
navigate to page 3
task Id is gone.

Scenario 2
Navigate to page 3, then page 2, making previous page page 3
create task, task Id shows
navigate to page 3
navigate to page 2
task Id is gone.

My suspicion is that the use of queryEntity with the same parameters is caching the original output of the query that is used to match server side data with task data in appian. I'm thinking this because of the documentation found here but I'm not sure. a!queryEntity() Function - Appian 21.2

Any insight or advice here would be great. Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data