How we can perform CRUD operations on data in interface

Hi folks ,

I have a look up  table named "gender" , I want to develop a interface using which i can see,  add add, update , delete values in table without going in the appian cloud directly instead we want to perform this from the interface .

For example i have genderId and gender column in lookup table , where there are two entries male with id 1 and female with id 2 , how can we add another gender in the table  directly or delete male row  from the table or update it.

I hope you guys understood my query .

Thanks in advance. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You can create an editable grid where data from lookup table can be rendered. In your case two columns for gender id & gender value. 

Then you can give button on click of which you can call a!writeToDataStoreEntity() and insert/update the data. If you are not already familiar how to user this, you can find the documentation here. Similarly for deletion also you can user Delete from data store entities smart service within the interface itself. 

Take a look at this recipe as well, as I think its suites exactly to your requirement. You just need to handle writing into and deletion from the data store entity!

Certified Lead Developer

You can create an editable grid where data from lookup table can be rendered. In your case two columns for gender id & gender value. 

Then you can give button on click of which you can call a!writeToDataStoreEntity() and insert/update the data. If you are not already familiar how to user this, you can find the documentation here. Similarly for deletion also you can user Delete from data store entities smart service within the interface itself. 

Take a look at this recipe as well, as I think its suites exactly to your requirement. You just need to handle writing into and deletion from the data store entity!

Children