Record List View Duplicating Records: One case with Multiple Assignees

In what is a common design paradigm, I have cases that can have multiple assignees. Depending on the permissions of the loggedInUser(), they should either see cases which are assigned to them or cases through the entire system (Global Viewers Group). The global viewers group should also be able to search by assignee. One of the more common ways this way accomplished in the past was via a double query - one for the assignee table which returned the list of case ids and subsequently another one to the case table.

I wanted to use the newer Appian Record functionality, and based on the Appian Playbook, it seemed that Appian had found a more performant solution to this common use case, but I am still seeing duplicates in my Record List View. 

I tried modifying the Default Filters in the example application with the instructions here from the Appian Playbook: https://community.appian.com/w/the-appian-playbook/207/record-level-security-for-entity-backed-records under the Managing Global Viewers section as shown in the screenshot below. 

When I view the record list from tempo/sites, the grid duplicates the cases. Considering that the entity backing the record has duplicates, I'm not surprised to see duplicates. But, based on the link in the playbook, it seemed like Appian had handled the duplication issue. 

Am I missing something obvious?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible