Record Related Actions

Hi All , 

I have a scenario , 

When Person A opened any record in a record list ,

for selected record ,related action is edit  the record

At the same time Person B opened the same record that have chosen by  A and 

Person B tries to edit the same record then record should be lock ( Because Person A is already editing right ) then there is need to Appear like "Person  A is already editing " and could able to edit the record .

How can I accomplish this task ?????

Thanks all in advance Slight smile

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Besides a database solution, described here

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/21.3/Database_Schema_Best_Practices.html#optimistic-locking

There is no simple approach to this. Reason is, Appian is about implementing business processes in which a task is assigned to people as manual work has to be done.

So my first question is: Do you really need this?

The most simple solution, I am aware of, is to make the first form in the related action a user input task and enable chaining to this node. This means that clicking the related action button starts the process. Then create a process report checking for active instances of this related action. Now use this in the interface to check for any collisions.

There are other solutions which use a database table to store locks. This is a rather complicated approach as you need to make sure that each lock is removed. Depending on the nature of your related action, this can be difficult.

Certified Lead Developer

Hi , Please check below thread for various approaches to your use case

Hi, Please suggest different and effective ways through which I can avoid multiple users accessing same related action to update records . Thanks Namrata
    By in Discussions > General
    10 replies