Generate new action assistant

Certified Associate Developer

Hi!, i´m trying to use the new action assistant, but each time i use it it creates a new cdt for each action, and it doesn´t allows me to choose my cdt. It´s rare because now you can create a record from a cdt, and then auto create a form to add record ¿but with another cdt?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

We are experiencing the same issue with our partnered Appian instance.

There is a table on link below listing the objects that should be replaceable with existing objects but we can only change the data store to point to an existing one.

Create Record Actions - Appian 21.4

The other pencil buttons do not offer the Replace option.

If I choose the Rename option it will say "A type with this name already exists in this namespace. Please enter a unique name." which is expected.

in reply to MH

I solved it creating the cdt from a database table. If you do that, then you can replace the cdt object in generate action.

If your cdt is already created, check the xsd file. Check if all cdt fields have the same propierties than the columns in your table.

It worked for me too, for example, if you change in the table the length of a column, vachar(50)->varchar(100), then you need to update the xsd file of the cdt with the new value.

in reply to adriann0002

We started a new database by creating CDTs in Appian first, adding them to a new Data Store object, then hitting Save & Publish. Which I believe is an ok path to follow (this is a greenfield app with no existing database upfront).

Taking this path the issue I described remains.

Reply Children